Acacia Heights Gardens is a boutique lodge at Lake Taupo, where you can relax and be refreshed in a beautiful natural environment. Set on a secluded acre and a half of tranquil gardens with views across Lake Taupo and the rural surrounds, you can be sure of a special holiday break.
A great location for a luxury break or just chilling out after a days’ activity. With three rooms available, each with a private bathroom, large super king beds and deluxe linen and fittings, wonderful outdoor seating areas and spa pool, Acacia Heights Gardens will leave you with cherished memories.
Also available is Cherry Tree Cottage, a self-contained cottage sleeping up to four people with its own private spa pool.
Outdoors you can wander through the peaceful park-like gardens, enjoy a glass of wine at the gazebo overlooking the Lake and Taupo night-lights or soak away your cares stargazing from the spa pool.
Your Kiwi hosts, David and Heather Bridson, welcome you to our beautiful property.
Book direct and get a bottle of wine free on arrival.
- Book direct
- Keep profits in New Zealand
- Buy local
We hope your stay with us will become a special memory.
We live in a beautiful rural environment on 0.6 hectares (1.6 acres) which is peaceful and quiet. Right next to us is a large reserve held in trust which is accessible to our guests and members of the public.
We are committed to having an environmentally sustainable and regenerative focus. To do this we:
- installed a $20,000 state-of-the-art waste water treatment system which eliminates nitrogen and run-off that could otherwise end up in Lake Taupo. Run-off from the system is used to irrigate our garden, berries, grapes and fruit trees
- provide safe filtered water sterilised with UV light for our guests, to eliminate plastic water bottles
- recycle paper, glass, category 1 and 2 plastics and metals. This reduces refuse going to landfill
- use a worm farm to process vegetable waste. ‘Worm tea’ and castings are used on our herb, rose and vegetable gardens as organic plant food
- compost green waste including grass cuttings and leaves to keep our vegetable and berry gardens healthy
- mulch tree prunings to feed our gardens
- grow organic vegetables, fruit, berries and grapes in season so we can share them with guests
- plant trees and shrubs continuously in order to help carbon dioxide capture both on our own property and in the reserve
- trap rodents on our own property and in the reserve. This is part of the Predator Free Taupo initiative to eliminate pests